- HID Global acquires Bluvision, a leading Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) provider in the enterprise Internet of Things (IoT) market
- Bluvision adds active BLE products and expertise to HID Global’s businesses, extends the company’s cloud-based services and enables HID Global to address a larger portion of the growing IoT market
DUBAI, UAE, ,
HID Global®, a worldwide leader in trusted identity solutions, today announced that it has acquired Bluvision, a leading Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) provider in the enterprise Internet of Things (IoT) market. The acquisition transaction closed today. Financial terms are not being disclosed.
Bluvision is a complete IoT ecosystem provider, offering real-time location system technology, presence and proximity-based location capabilities and condition monitoring solutions as well as cloud infrastructure, gateways, beacons and software as a service (SaaS). The company is a perfect fit for HID Global and will:
- • Expand HID’s real-time asset tracking capabilities
- • Boost HID’s ability to address the IoT market with Bluetooth offerings, and
- • Extend HID’s cloud services for access control and related applications.
“Bluvision will expand HID Global’s offerings with BLE products and help us further differentiate from the competition,” said Stefan Widing, President and CEO of HID Global. “We are extending our lead in BLE-based IoT solutions that we created when we launched our mobile access solution two years ago. With our combined solutions and technologies, our customers' ability to manage assets and people within buildings will increase significantly.”
Jimmy Buchheim, the head of Bluvision, said, “Becoming part of HID Global, Bluvision will have the support and expertise to continue driving technology to the next level in the Internet of Things space for years to come and speed up our cycles of innovation. We share a common vision with HID Global to deliver an unparalleled combination of accuracy, convenience, security and scalability that enables our customers to determine the specific location and condition of assets and people in real time in ways that were previously not possible.”
The Bluvision team will report to Marc Bielmann, VP & MD of the Identification Technologies business within HID Global. The addition of Bluvision’s products expands HID Global’s “component continuum” from high-end, passive RFID components (LF/HF/UHF) to active BLE. In addition, Bluzone from Bluvision delivers cloud services that are well aligned with HID Global’s data services strategy. Bluvision will continue to maintain its operations in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.