Unit comes with the new 5-Axis Dual Image Stabilizer
Dubai United Arab Emirates
Panasonic has announced its new DSLM (Digital Single Lens Mirrorless) camera DMC-GX85, in the LUMIX G range, which incorporates a host of advanced technologies and practical functions in a compact body.
The LUMIX GX85 lets users shoot vibrant, true-to-life high quality images with excellent resolution, high contrast and impressive color reproduction. The Venus Engine even reproduces vibrant, impressive color while shooting images like clear sky by dividing hue, saturation, and luminosity, and finely adjusts them separately.
The DMC-GX85 is capable of recording smooth, high-resolution 4K video in 3840x2160 at 30p(60Hz) / 25p(50Hz) or 24p in MP4. Taking advantage of 4K technology, users can capture the fleeting photo opportunities at 30 fps in 8-megapixel equivalent resolution to save it as a 4K PHOTO. It is easy to get 4K PHOTO with three 4K PHOTO modes which are 4K Burst Shooting, 4K Burst S/S (Start/Stop) and 4K Pre-burst. Other features like Post Focus, Light Composition, 4K Live Cropping are also available.
Hitesh Ojha – Deputy General Manager, AV Department PMMAF (Panasonic Marketing Middle East & Africa) comments, “GX85 gives crisp, high resolution images in detail with high contrast, impressive color reproduction. Users can now enjoy blur-free photo/video shooting from wide to tele, even in low light situations as the LUMIX GX85 incorporates a new 5-axis Dual I.S. (Image Stabilizer) for more effective suppression of blur and for a larger range of movement than ever before.”
With an electromagnetic drive in the shutter unit of GX85, the shock caused by the movement of shutter diaphragm is dramatically reduced and the shutter sound is also minimized. This shock reduction enables users to release mechanical shutter even in the situations where they had no choice but to use electronic shutter.
The DMC-GX85 integrates a LVF (Live View Finder) with 2764K-dot equivalent high resolution and approx.100% color reproduction*. This 16:9 Wide Screen LVF boasts approx.1.39x / 0.7x (35mm camera equiv.) magnification and 100% field of view. For even more creative photography, the LUMIX GX85 integrates a new L. Monochrome mode in Photo Style, that offers an impressive monochrome picture with rich gradation like that of a B/W film. The other new additions are Focus Bracket and Aperture Bracket that allow users to choose best shot later.
* About motion picture recording / 4K Photo recording
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 4" or higher when recording motion pictures.
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with "UHS-I UHS Speed Class 3 (U3)" when recording motion pictures with [MP4] in [4K] or [4K PHOTO].
(SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing).
- Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 29 minutes and 59 seconds or the file size exceeds 4GB with [MP4] in [FHD] [HD] [VGA].
- MP4 motion pictures with [MP4] in [4K]:
- When using an SDHC memory card: You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB, but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.
- When using an SDXC memory card: You can record a motion picture in a single file.
- When the ambient temperature is high or continuous recording is performed, the camera may stop the recording to protect itself. Wait until the camera cools down.
Featuring a sophisticated exterior design that fits well in hand, the LUMIX GX85 brings users an exciting photographic experience in everyday life with:
- 4K capability bringing the evolution in videography/photography – 4K video and 4K PHOTO
The LUMIX GX85 records stunningly smooth, high-resolution QFHD 4K video in 3840x2160 at 30p(60Hz) / 25p(50Hz) or 24p in addition to the full-HD 1,920 x 1,080 / 50p (50 Hz) videos.
In the 4K PHOTO, three exclusive modes are available to choose from depending on the situation; 4K Burst, 4K Burst (Start/Stop) and 4K Pre-burst. All these functions in 4K PHOTO enables saving pictures in 8-megapixel equivalent high resolution, which is good enough for printing in A3 size, without missing the spur-of-the-moment.
The LUMIX GX85 comes with the Post Focus function that enables users to select in-focus area even after shooting. You can get multiple shots with different focus point with a single shutter release to choose from. It is helpful in situations like macro shooting where severe focusing is required or for changing expressions by changing focused subject.
Live Cropping in Video Recording
Not only these, the LUMIX GX85 also enables 4K Live Cropping in video recording that realizes stable panning or zooming in video recording.
- New 5-Axis Dual I.S. (Image Stabilizer) to be free from any type of blur
The 5-axis Dual I.S. works in both photo and motion picture recording including 4K video. Panasonic LUMIX G DSLM (Digital Single Lens Mirrorless) Cameras offer a wide variety of digital interchangeable lenses and most of them are going to comply with this 5-axis dual I.S. in LUMIX GX85.
- High speed response and practical AF/MF options
The Contrast AF in DMC-GX85 achieves even higher speed, higher precision focusing with digital signal communication at max. 240 fps.
- Easy Wireless Connectivity via Wi-Fi® with Smartphones
The LUMIX GX85 integrates Wi-Fi® connectivity (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) to offer more flexible shooting experience and instant image sharing with easy operation. Once connecting the camera and smartphone/tablet installing Panasonic's dedicated application software Panasonic Image App for iOS / Android, users can shoot/ browse / share images remotely.
Will be available in the GCC July 2016 onwards.