Oris presents a new take on its modernist Artix line
The bold and trendy Artix Skeleton, is the latest addition to Oris’s Artix line of contemporary watches. The timepiece's skeletonised, black-plated mechanical movement gives is a contemporary and powerful appeal.
Oris’s latest skeletonised watch brings elements of both classical and contemporary watchmaking together, combining a skeletonised movement with the best of 21st century watch design and finishing techniques. Oris has black-plated the skeletonised parts of the movement in various shades of black and grey, giving it an intriguing three-dimensional finish.
Historically, watchmakers practised skeletonisation so they could showcase their talents and reveal the intricacies of a movement. While that’s still true today, it’s now also seen by watch enthusiasts as an opportunity to demonstrate their appreciation for the watchmaking tradition. Oris is a passionate believer in perpetuating the watchmaker’s craft and has been at the forefront of the movement to promote the intrinsic, long-lasting value of a mechanical watch.
The Oris Artix Skeleton has a number of considered touches beyond its blackened movement parts. The company logo has been elegantly and discreetly milled into a bridge of the dial at 3 o’clock, while openings right through the movement give the wearer occasional, poetic glimpses of Oris’s signature Red Rotor as it rotates.
Oris has also given careful consideration to the Artix Skeleton’s size. The original Artix was 42mm in diameter, but the new watch is a more contemporary 39mm in diameter.
The new Oris Artix Skeleton is a timeless blend of traditional watchmaking values and contemporary design.
Oris Artix Skeleton
Ref. No. 01 734 7714 4054 LS, Ø 39.00mm
- Automatic movement Oris Cal. 734, based on Sellita SW 200-1, black-plated
- Multi-piece stainless steel case with stainless steel crown. Water resistant to 10 bar/100m
- Sapphire crystal domed on both sides with anti-reflective coating inside
- Screwed stainless steel case back with mineral crystal
- Dark grey/black skeleton dial and applied indices filled with Super-LumiNova®. Nickel hour and
- minute hands filled with Super-LumiNova®
- Black leather strap with stainless steel folding clasp. Also available with a stainless steel bracelet with
- butterfly folding clasp